1) An Interactive Archaeological Museum of Aegean and Cypriote Collections in Tuscany
The project on which we are reporting has been carried out in
The idea of an interactive museum collecting Aegean and Cypriote
findings from various institutions in
The Collections which constitute the object of our museum come from five different Museums in
1. Firenze. Museo Archeologico Nazionale.
2. Pisa. Antiquarium Dipartimento Scienze Archeologiche dell'Universitą.
3. Pisa. Museo di San Matteo.
4. Montelupo Fiorentino (FI). Museo Archeologico e della Ceramica.
5. Cortona (AR). Museo dell'Accademia Etrusca.
The second reason at the basis of our project is the following:
gathering together all these materials in a single virtual museum, which is
based on information and communication technologies, is particularly important,
since responds to the general need of a better fruition of the archaeological
and artistic patrimony.
The target of MUSINT includes visitors interested in scientific research, who have simultaneous access to 3-dimensional representation of the object, to technical reports and databases, and curiosity driven visitors, and, finally, younger visitors from primary or advanced schools. For the latter category a special section is also offered, with attractive drawings and reconstructions, as will be shown in the following.
As a whole, MUSINT tries to reconcile in the same structure scientific and educational purposes.
The project has been carried out by different expertise units, directed by A.M. Jasink:
1. Universitą di Firenze - Dipartimento SAMERL - Civiltą Egee. The research group identified the contents, defined the structure, explored the modalities and individualized the single objects of interest.
di Firenze - Dipartimento di Costruzioni e Restauro - Laboratorio GeCo.
Performed the 3-dimensional digital content production with laser scanning. (http://www.geomaticaeconservazione.it/aria_vpag.php?id_pagina=129)
3. Menci software s.r.l. (Arezzo). Performed the 3-dimensional digital content production with photogrammetry.
4. Magenta sowtwarelab
2) New projects starting from MUSINT
A. Educational program in primary and secondary schools (see aegean museum)
B. Haghia Triada sealings in two Italian Museums (see aegean museum)